From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 21:31:25 -0400
Anonymous, there WERE multiple replies from folks about the Morrison
post.  I guess you missed them, though I'm not sure how because I think
that all mentioned "Morrison" as part of the subject lines.
----

Searching sure isn't what it could be, neither are reading skills,
either.  How could anyone miss the reports of abuses?  There are a lot of
reports out there talking about the abuses.  I mean, just put two and two
together: if Animal Control was saying that the conditions were marvelous
then Animal Control would not have been bringing an animal abuse case
against her, correct?  Yet, Animal Control not only did exactly that but
it confiscated all of the animals and then worked with those who could
provide emergency care and emergency vet care.

I have seen situations with some folks here in the past who were animal
hoarders and with treatment they improved temporarily but then they
regressed and things got out of hand and horrible for the animals again.
I applaud those with the disorder who make progress but if they have
animals again the potential to regress and abuse again is very high.  So,
I am glad to hear anytime someone tells of such a situation where there
is progress but an animal hoarder having animals -- especially a number
of them -- is like giving parafin, matches and gasoline to a pyromaniac
who has just attained some self-control.  There are some excellent
articles on the psychiatric condition.  Here is just one:
http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/p000425.html
----

Re: yogies in boxes: Okay, I still think that people mediating in
boxes would be more interesting (LOL!), but I thought that this idea
in yesterday's FML was cool and inventive:

>I use the red cranberry ones occasionally as a poop indicator when I
>want to figure out what fuzzie is having irregular poops (it turns them
>identifiable red!)

That is a smart trick and I could the value of using it in ferrets
without insulinoma.  My hat is off to you!