From:
Tracy Acker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 10:42:24 -0400
Supposedly everyone should be cautious at this weekend's show because
someone's ferrets may have been exposed to distemper??  That warning
worries me a lot, because it implies that if this person doesn't attend
the show, there's no risk of infection.  HELLO!

Distemper is HIGHLY contagious - that is why it so IMPORTANT to vaccinate
your ferrets!!!!!!  We can pick it up anywhere.  If we are out taking a
walk on a path that someone just walked their dog, that is a carrier, we
can carry it home on our clothes, on our shoes, on our skin, etc.  The
fact of the matter is we can be exposed to it anywhere and everyday and
we have probably all been exposed to at one time or another.  We are all
responsible for our own ferrets, it is NO ONE else's responsibility to
make sure they are safe from possible diseases.  IF YOU VACCINATE YOUR
FERRETS, YOUR FERRETS ARE SAFE!!!!!

Tracy Acker
Collection Analyst
Cleveland Brothers Equipment Co., Inc.