Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2008 14:23:30 -0500
Be it one thing we all have in common it is passion for these precious
little fuzzy beings. Even though our levels may vary, we are all
passionate and our response to different situations and types of
care will differ as much as our passion levels.

For example (I'm using this example because it is recent), when I
mentioned I treat my group to Marshmallow Mateys, it was implicated
that no one in their right mind would feed Marshmallow Matey's to
ferrets (now whether I'm in my right mind or not is a totally different
subject and may take several days to trudge through to figure it out,
so we won't go into that here ;-)). That poster is passionate about
the nutritional health of ferrets, and I respectfully accept that as
fueling the response. I didn't get offended because some were aghast
that I let the fuzzies that share my home partake of this sweet grainy
treat or in the way they responded, I read and respected each response
as their personal opinions.

When someone posts something on our list, whether it is an accident,
care issue, or a response to a situation, please, let's take a moment
to remember that we are all passionate and opinionated about our fuzzy
companions, we are human and there is always going to be human error,
we are individuals and have differing views, and try to respond as
tactfully and kindly as possible. In heated issues I often write the
draft, save it and come back to it later to rewrite before sending.

In doing so everyone should feel comfortable to post without fear of
post retaliation.

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org