From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:58:02 -0400
> From: <kewlkritters@........>
> To: <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Re: My details
> Date: Thursday, August 21, 2003 9:56 AM
>
> Please see the attached file for details.

I got this email from kewlcritters, a person I don't normally correspond
with.  If you have this person in your address book or know this person,
check for viruses

[Moderator's note: If it looks like it came from kewlcritters, then you
can be just about 100% sure it didn't originate from kewlcritters.  The
e-mail is the work of the latest variant of the "sobig" virus, and the
"From:" line is not the person who really sent it, nor does it mean that
person's computer has the virus.

It's really a prolific virus -- I have personally received hundreds of
them in the past couple of days and CUNY's e-mail servers have rejected
many, many thousands.  (My e-mail is handled differently, in case you're
wondering.)  Many people, especially those from AOL, don't receive the
FML digest because e-mail servers are so clogged up that e-mail from
mailing lists (like the FML) is given lower priority.

So, definitely, please keep those anti-virus programs up to date!

(Once again, it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a virus from reading the FML, please
don't worry about that!)  BIG]