From:
Cheryl Langfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 19:37:51 EDT
There is a ferret in a small zoo in Piscataway NJ kept in a wire-bottomed
rabbit cage with wooden hutch attached.  There are no toys provided
except for some 'wooden tree branches'.  I did see food and water, and a
small sable ferret eating in the hutch, but I am very concerned for its
welfare.  When I asked the only person present, a lady at the concession
stand where you can buy food to feed the ducks and goats, she said she
didn't even know they had a ferret and to come back during the day to
inquire about whether it is taken home at night or in bad weather.  She
looked at me doubtfully when I asked her if it was tame.  I am only
assuming it isn't ever taken out of the cage because wouldn't she notice
someone coming to take the ferret home every night?

Anyway, I have already contacted MetroFerret and have some great people
interested in helping me.  There is a lady at a ferret rehabilitation
shelter, Scales N'Tails, who has also agreed to help me, who is a member
of MetroFerret.  I was wondering if anybody has any information about the
park to offer.  It is at Johnson Park in Piscataway NJ.  PLEASE don't go
there yourself and ask about the ferret- I am sure if too many people go
there they may get pissed off and not be willing to cooperate in taking
better care of the ferret or giving it up.  I DON'T want to piss these
people off yet, someone from MetroFerret has already agreed to go there
and talk with them, and I am sure pissing them off is not the first
course of action to take.  I am JUST looking for any information or
prayers.  I will keep you updated, don't worry.  Thank you.

Cheryl