From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 07:57:42 EDT
Baby Ferret:
Victoria, you probably have a weasel.  Please get in touch with a local
willife rehabber and turn it over to them.  Weasels are just about the size
of baby ferrets, and are often mistaken for them.

Ketamine:
I know that Ketamine is often abused as a recreational drug sold on the
streets as "Special K".  But is it also the same drug that was sold on the
streets as "Ecstasy" about ten years or so ago?  Sorry if I am somewhat off-
topic on this... By the way, many vets I know are using both a small dose
of Ketamine and the Iso for some surgical proceedures.

ECE
It seems like I am reading a lot of posts about "confirmed ECE" which gets
better in 2-3 days, or has been confirmed by a stool sample.  Last I knew,
ECE was such a dibilitating disease that it took weeks, even months to
recover from it, and that there was no test be it stool sample or bloodwork
to positively ID it (If there was we would posibly be able to develop a
vaccination to use against it).  Often when a new ferret comes into a
household, especially if it is a rambunctious kit, it upsets the normal
order of business, which causes some stress in the ferrets already there.
Stress in ferrets can mimic ECE, with green diarreah being the primary
indicator.  I guess my point is that all that is green is not ECE, and
anything which runs its course in 2-3 days is probably not ECE.

NJ Vet:
There are several in your general area.  Rutherford Animal Hospital,
Maywood Animal Hospital, Ridgefield Park Animal Hospital are three
excellent choices.  You will probably find Rutherford the closest, but also
the most expensive.  Feel free to contact me privatelly for more info, and
welcome to NJ :-)

-Anne