Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 1994 13:39:26 -0500
>>>Pamela K Barber writes:
>>>My husband also thinks our albino (Grover) is a little on the slow side.

   Interesting.  I only have two ferrets (both female, one sable and the
other albino), but I consider my albino far superior in intelligence.  She
NEVER forgets to use her litter box, and won't jump off a chair (or whatever)
and onto my bed (or whatever) unless she can make it.  She gets to the edge,
and sits there assessing the situation.  My sable just takes the leap, and
most of the time ends up on the floor...

>>>She will wonder into the room, lie on the floor and just stare.

   My albino does this too.  I think it's cute.

   On another topic: Last Tuesday (11/27/94) the Michigan State Senate
Committee on Agriculture and Forestry met to discuss the Ferret Bill.  After
about a 45 minute "debate" the bill was unanimously approved by the committee
with the recommendation to pass.  What this essentially means is that the
Committee has approved that the Bill be voted into law on the State Senate
Floor.  I don't know when this official vote will occur, but it looks like
Michigan is now one step closer to legalizing ferrets!!!