From:
Ingrid Lower <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:32:13 -0700
<We've had Joseph over a month now, and he and Daisy still can't get along!<
>Daisy is still afraid of him & screams every time he comes near, and he<
>still tries to bite her.  I think he just wants to play but bites too
>hard?  Daisy won't let him get near her!<

IMHO it can sometimes take quite a while before a new fert is accepted in.
I have adopted ferts at many ages and there is always a lot of screaming
and biting at first.  I have a ferret room now but I will put the new one
in a small cage in the ferret room with the others.  I do all those things
we have always talked about on the list like exchanging the bedding and
giving everyone a bath so they smell the same and putting ferretone on
everyone.  This has always worked for me but sometimes it can take months
I have discovered.

And I have always heard that sometimes a fert never gets accepted into the
group.

I would say if you think Daisy is upset and losing weight, maybe they
should be separated and have supervised playtime together and just keep
trying.

Good luck.