From:
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 09:05:39 -0400
It is with a heavy heart and tears of pain I write this to you.  Our Bones
crossed the bridge yesterday with the help of Dr. Parker.  He was just so
weak, so fragile, so slim.....he'd lost so much weight and nothing we did
would help him gain weight.

Yesterday, I let him out to run with the others, and he wasn't using his
legs real well.  He kind of dragged himself around the house and pooped
himself.  I couldn't bear to watch him suffer this way anymore.

So, at about 3ish, Bones and I crawled into the car and went to the
hospital.  We stopped along the way to get a chocolate shake for him.
What could it hurt?  He loved it and lapped it from the straw.  He sat on
my lap, in his home made sleep sack from his auntie Linda the whole ride
there.

Just before we made it to the hospital, I panicked and realized i hadn't
told Bones about the Rainbow Bridge.  So I took a few moments in private
with him to let him know about the "other side".

Bones was one of the first rescues the shelter ever did. He came after
Lucky, and after Sable. He came in just before Princess by just a day or
two.

He didn't fight the gas mask at all.  I think he was ready to go.  I KNOW
he was ready to go, but it doesn't make it any easier for me.  I held him
in my arms with his wee mask on and told him I loved him as tears poured
down my face.

This, my little guy will be the last time you hurt........ i love you
Bones, sleep well.

missing you already,
mom & Princess.......

The Ferret Aid Society Ferrets 2000 Conference
http://www.ferretaid.org