From:
April Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 15:05:12 -0400
Hi, Gary-where are you located?  That might have something to do with the
high cost of the adrenal surgery at your vet's office-the $900-(if you're
going to an office that sees few ferrets, your vet might charge more b/c
it's a less common surgery for them, for example).  Our vet quoted us
$300-$500 for the average adrenal surgery when we were first seeking out
our vet and asking questions about potential future needs (hopefully we'll
never need to get charged for adrenal surgery!), and she sees a lot of
ferrets.  Are there any other ferret vets in your area you could compare
prices with?

-April