Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 21:21:48 -0700
>your dog is not "fond of the ferrets."  If that is true the WHY in
>Heaven's Name is that Dog near the ferrets?!!

The dog is near the ferrets because she has never tried to hurt any of
them.  She even lets them drink and eat from her bowl.  They share goody
time amicably together.  The dog , Snapshot is her name by the way, even
exhibits concern for them, running to them and giving a concerned Woof
when they are squabbling.  When I have trouble finding them, Snapshot
locates them for me.  She has been crucial in finding a ferret lost in
my basement in the past.  This was an accident.  "That dog" has been with
me for 8 years and is as much a part of my animal family as the ferrets.
She has saved my nephew from serious injury when he was a toddler.  No
one was sickened more than me.  I did the responsible thing.  I saw that
she was treated.  Additionally, she has received round the clock care by
myself, my vet and my family up until today.  I am happy to report that
Stacie was doing so well thursday morning that she even rolled over for
me (a little trick I taught her)  This is more than I ever expected.  She
is for all intensive purposes back to normal, I'd guess at 96%.

>You live in my backyard and I have a hard time understand that a good
>vet would make you leave the room claiming you "had been there long
>enough." No I simply Can Not "imagine that".  Which vet was this Kim?
>I would love to give them a piece of my mind for the inconsideration
>that you speak of.

I do not live in your back yard.  I do not even know you.  You can
"imagine it" because it happened,..after I protested that I wanted more
time with her,...they told me that she should be back in the oxygen
tank...I feel that they were acting in her best interests even though I
didn't want to let her go.  You can not even begin to imagine the pain I
felt over this and there is no need to give them a piece of your mind, it
is not your place and it doesn't seem to me that you have much to spare
given the tone of your post.  They gave her the care in shock trauma that
saved her life and were kind to me as well considering how emotionally
charged this situation was .  It was in fact Falls Road and she was
treated by Dr. Hebner...just in case you were "curious".

>Irresponsibility caused Stacie's grave injuries and the possible mental
>disability, seems to me that you would have to make that much more time
>to care for her and beg her forgiveness for the attack.

I realize that I am ultimately responsible for anything that goes on
under my roof, however, I had no reason to think that Snapshot would
ever harm my ferrets and therefore do not feel that my "irresponsibility"
was the cause.  Of course I've had to take more time to care for her,...
uhhhh... duhhh?  If there is a point you are trying to make here, I don't
get it.  I am taking steps to get Snapshot's mood to mellow,..a pet
relaxant possibly.

>I am not discounting the reality of 'Animal Communicators' but Kim WHY
>Didn't you 'hear' Stacie?!  As she was crying out that the dog was going
>to get her?!  Do you hear her lamenting her absent Mom?  Asking "why"
>this had to happen?

It would be terribly irresponsible to discount that which you can not
even begin to comprehend... which evidently includes some basic math
skills here.  Even if Stacie had "cried out", I could not have responded
in time to prevent the accident unless you know of a way I could make it
across the room in less than one second.  I will not even address the
rest of your cruel comments.

>Are you using or selling the magnets for your personal ferrets?  I ask
>because of "my little silver mitt Stacie".  .elling the magnets to raise
>funds to cover vet bill for Stacie, how am I to know that any donation
>that would be sent to you would be for the shelter ferrets or your
>personal ferrets?  hmmm....

All of my ferrets, rescue or personal are "my babies".  There is no
separation of emotion between rescues and personals.  It's a term of
endearment.  What are you trying to prove by dissecting the terminology
I use?  What difference would it make if she was "my personal ferret"
anyway.  You hardly have to concern yourself with the millions I'm making
from photo magnet sales.  Plenty of MY PERSONAL MONEY goes for my RESCUED
ferrets.  Additionally, ALL donations go to the bills of my rescued
ferrets.  My personal ferrets do not benefit one iota from donations.
You are obviously not that familiar with donating to rescues or you
wouldn't need to ask this question.  Hmmmmmmmmm, since donations are
always accepted directly by my vet, that seems to be one very obvious
and certain way to be sure funds are being spent appropriately.....how
many times has this been said on the list?

It is better to remain quiet and thought to be a fool than to open your
mouth and remove all doubt.  Pooflingers .ugh.
=====

Kim Fox
Animal Communicator
Director of Somethin Up My Sleeve Rescue