From:
Connie Best <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 1996 09:02:45 EST
Last week my husband came home with a new addition to our little business of
fuzzies.  He is an albino male and he is almost four months old.  When he is
playing with his new brother and sisters, he leaves off an odor.  The odor
is not very strong.  I was just wondering if this is normal.  My other three
ferrets don't leave off a smell when playing but they joined my family under
different situations.

Tango(male) was my first ferret and then we saw a cute little girl(Sadie)
that was to be a great companion for Tango.  Sadie and Tango hissed and were
scared of each other at first, but after a week or so they got along just
fine.  Tango was the boss man and made sure that Sadie knew it.  They are
only four months apart so they seemed to adjust quite well.  Cocoa came
along two months after Sadie.  Cocoa was found by a friend of mine.  She was
dirty, skinny and had ticks on her.  They were going to drop her off at the
vet, because they didn't want to care for her or know how to.  Thank god
they called me and I went to pick her up.  When we got her home, we cleaned
her up and took her to the vet.  She was very withdrawn from the other two
and didn't want to play with them.  After a few weeks of good food and
plenty of rest, Cocoa came around.  She now plays, dances and dooks just
like the other two.  She is the most gentlest of the group, but still seems
like a loner.  Cocoa didn't have anyone to play with because Tango and Sadie
wrestled to rough for her.  Sometimes she would wrestle with Sadie, but then
Tango would get in on it and Cocoa would leave.  We decided that Cocoa need
a friend so White Fang(male) came to live with us.  White Fang plays with
everyone, but Tango is still the boss and lets Fang know it.  Lately Tango
and White Fang play together and Sadie and Cocoa play together.  Last night
Sadie was acting strange and withdrawn like Cocoa.  I think that Sadie
misses wrestling with Tango.  Tango wrestles with White Fang more because he
is more of a challenge then Sadie.  When I mean that she was acting strange,
I am referring to going off by herself and she wasn't as bitey.  Sadie is
the worst of the bunch as far as biting goes.  Hopefully when I get home
tonight and let them all out, Sadie will be back to her normal self.

     Connie