From:
Alicia K Drakiotes / Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 20:26:12 -0400
Regarding the post on blue circles or patches-- we have recently had a
little 4 yr old gal enter the shelter she also had 2 patches of blue -- one
on the back of her head and one on her shoulders.  Further more her coat was
thin and it's color faded..  She went to the vets and the probable diagnosis
is adrenal disease.  I was curious about the staining and was informed by
the vets that they see this symptoms with cushings disease and were not too
surprised to see it on the ferret.  Our surgery is scheduled for mid
September so we can help her gain strength and wait for a rapid recovery.
Perhaps you should take your fuzzy for a visit and confer with your vet too!