From:
Claire C <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:06:08 -0500
On Mar 12, 2010, at 2:00 AM, Suki wrote:
>what were ferrets doing in aquaria in an attic given how hot attics
>can get during summers and that aquaria simply are not good housing
>for them?

Hi Sukie --
The article said "the couple redid the upstairs attic to house the
pets -- mostly birds, ferrets and reptiles in fish tanks." I doubt
the birds were in fish tanks, so I suspect the sentence was [birds],
[ferrets], and [reptiles in fish tanks]. Unless you have another
source of information, I would assume this is just an unfortunately
ambiguous phrasing.

Doesn't address the "attic" problem, but if they redid the attic to
make it habitable space, that would normally include insulating the
rafter space and making it no worse than a typical cape upstairs.

Hope so, anyway.

-Claire