From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:30:28 -0800
YES!  Notes available for purchase at the symposium would be great.
My vet had wanted to purchase a video tape but I am told they wont be
available this time around.  Notes would be the next best thing!
Great idea!

AND...

>From:    William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: zen's comments on magic cures.
>
>Having been involved with those rescuing the ferrets after Dayna's death
>we can assert that this is not true.  At least one that was insulinomic
>did not respond at all to Timmy's Tonic and had seizures from the moment
>he came into a real shelter.  He passed recently.
>
>Most of us here in the Virginia shelters dealt with ferrets we had to
>rescue frim Dayna.  Dayna was a master manipulator and would pull anyone's
>strings that she thought would elicit the response she desired.  Gary,
>your string is your "magick potions".  Anyone wanting something from you
>can merely tell you how wonderful your tonics and other cures are before
>asking.
>
>bill and diane killian

I don't know about anyone else, and I didn't know Dayna.  I did find this
post to be nothing but a bash of a deceased party, which I find really
childish and disgusting since she is not here to defend herself.  Have
some respect for the departed!

I also see nothing in the above post that is useful information, just
bashing.  In my opinion, it should not have been allowed.  I feel that
both Dayna and Gary are owed a huge apology as well as the rest of the
FML readers who had to be subjected to these useless, mean-spirited and
immature remarks.  Again, have some respect, even if you did not like the
person when they were alive.  They are not here to defend themselves.

BIG- this post was really upsetting and I don't think it belonged on the
FML.  Had it been about Timmy's Tonic or something that actually contained
useful information instead of a way to demean someone else (living or
dead), then I might feel differently.  I am really appalled by it and
would be complaining REGARDLESS of who the post originated from.  Very
inappropriate.  No offense to you, BIG, I know your job can be difficult
and it is appreciated.

That's all I have to say on this.  I am sure others who read it must have
viewed it in a similar way or at least considered the source, but that
does not make it okay.

Take care

[Moderator's note: Well, it did contain potentially useful information:
according to the Killians' experience the tonic didn't work.  The bashing
was not at all nice, I agree.  Dayna was certainly a controversial person
but she had no shortage of supporters either, for the record.  BIG]