From:
Tatia Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 13:06:34 -0600
Okay, I had to jump in just this once.  But let it be known that I do not
intend on getting mixed up in this whole MF thing that's been happening
lately.  Just not my scene.

We got Spanky (MF male silver mitt) about a year ago from our friendly,
neighborhood pet shop and he was the tiniest thing I have ever seen.  We
have bought several baby kits over the years, but they have never been this
small.  Spanky still had his baby teeth and it was 2 or 3 weeks before his
"real" teeth came in.  I accidentally knocked one of the baby teeth out when
we were playing.  (I should have kept it for the tooth fairy - I believe she
leaves raisins in ferret hammocks...)  He was quite clumsy and was trying
to nurse on Harpo's and Princess' ears and even on my earlobes a couple of
times.  One more thing, he was sick when we got him.  We should have
realized it - because he wasn't very active.  The store had just received
them a day or so before we got him, so we thought he was just stressed out
from the trip.  But no, he brought the dreaded ECE into our home.  Harpo
was still a very young kit and not affected, but it killed Princess.

After seeing how small all the kits in that batch were, I know he couldn't
have been 8 weeks old.  My guess is that he was about 5 weeks.  That is too
young.  (Not that I would trade him for a second - he's my little snuggle
bunny) I think the cuddliness comes from being held so much while he was a
sick little kit.  He just seems to crave human affection.

Thanks for letting me ramble.
Tatia, Harpo and Spanky