Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 20:20:10 -0500
Hiya Gang...

A couple of years ago, a post came across the FML about a lady that was
looking for a home for her four ferrets and that if she couldn't find a
home, she'd end up turning them over to animal control.  Well, it was
something like that anyway.  Being as if who I am, I took in the ferrets.
This made 12.  My plan was to keep them temporarily until I could find a
home for them.  One of them, Pippen, just recently died at (guessing) well
over 6 years of age.  Now I have 11.  (No, I didn't try to find them a home.
I figured that four more couldn't be that bad. Of course I was wrong.)

Here's the problem:
I now have a toddler and a (sometimes I wish ex-) wife who refuses to help
me with the ferrets.  Although she wanted the ferrets as well, when the kid
came she had nothing to do with them.  So, for the past couple of years it
has been 100% me bathing, feeding, nail clipping, taking to the vets, and
cage cleaning.  Without ANY help, I have been getting really discouraged
and find myself often wishing I didn't have any.  I know many of you can
deal with this just fine.  But I'm sure most of you that have a large
number of ferrets have SOME type of help and/or support.  I have absolutely
none.

I would like to find a home for about four or five of them.  I'd rather not
separate those that I give up.  I will not give them to just anyone.  I'd
prefer it be a person that already has had ferrets.  Am I asking a lot?
Probably.  I just don't know what else to do.  I've had a least 6 ferrets
for the past 5 years and, quite frankly, I'm tired.  I know I'm probably
going to get flamed for this post by you shelter ops but that can't change
the fact that I'm a very discouraged ferret owner.  I would gladly donate
money to support shelters instead.  The only other option that I see is
giving my wife the boot and finding a good woman that loves animals!  :D

Well, that there is my dilemma. Any suggestions?

        Roger
        http://rainbowbridge.org

Roger Poore
CCSU Web Systems Admin
Communications and Technology Services

                "Java. It ain't just a bean these days!!!"