From:
James Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:22:08 -0800
>It makes me want to have each and every one of these little one ex rayed
>and ultra sounded before you even get attached to them to make sure
>there is nothing wrong with them.  (What a thought).

Maybe I am naive, only having ferrets since the mid '80s, and other pets
since I was born, but I would never think of getting one of my animals
"ex rayed and ultra sounded" before I got attached to them.

Just my opinion, but having a pet, be it a ferret, dog, cat or whatever,
is an act of love in itself.

I can't imagine having a pet, finding out it has some minor or
debilitating illness, and then saying that I am not going to get attached
to it.  I'll just get attached to the "healthy" ones.

An animal that you "voluntarily" take into your life, should be like
taking a spouse.  It was your decision, so you take the good with the bad.
Just because an animal may develop some fatal de disease, and I have lost
several, doesn't mean that they are no less deserving of your love.

Would one test their new child to make sure they are healthy before they
decide to get attached to them?

You're right..."What a thought"

Jim Kennedy
Ferret Rescue of Maine
A Not-For-Profit Organization
Please donate to ferret rescue, igive.com (list Ferret Rescue of Maine as
your charity) or Paypal