From:
"Charlene M Lowe (Charlene Lowe)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 1995 11:39:42 -0500
To the person wondering how to keep the ferrets out of the inside of the
bed. This works for us. Get a piece of plywood the size of the mattress
(exactly) and put it underneath the box spring. The beasts in our house were
getting in from the bottom of the box spring and this stops them. To prevent
them getting between the top mattress and box spring buy fitted sheets that
are a size too big (or make your own) so you can make it cover both the
mattress and box spring. Tuck in between plywood and box spring (if you want
to get fancy attach velcro to the plywood and the fitted sheet). Another
option is the futon. Again put the futon on a slab of plywood rather than
the slats. Or put the plywood on the slats and the futon on the plywood. A
regular bed can be made into a futon bed with little trouble and some
creativity. Futon beds and futon couchs are by far the most "naturally"
ferretproofed pieces of furniture I have come across. Charlene