From:
Angel Meihls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:33:12 -0400
My first boy Loki is almost 2 years old now and is my most adventurous
ferret.  He seems so small but can jump to the sky it seems sometimes.
We had to replace our 2 ft gates for 4ft doors because he kept jumping
over the gate and getting out.  He loves to jump and fly.  When we put
the new 4ft doors up he sat in front of the door leading to the stairs
where he is not allowed and tried his hardest to figure out a way to get
out.  Then we left one of those canvas fold out benches by the door which
was a huge mistake.  We watched him one night climb on the bench and over
to the arm of it.  He sat there for about five minutes wiggling his
little butt for balance contemplating jumping at the door to get over it.
We were laughing because we didn't think he would have the nerve to try
it.  Boy were we wrong, he finally leaped with everything that he had and
smacked right into the door and slid down it to the floor.  It looked
like a cartoon when they smack into walls.  He got up and was okay so we
started laughing at this boy splatting against the door until I saw the
little brat go right back to the bench and on the arm.  Needless to say
his little butt was removed and we moved the bench away from the door.
It amazes me the lengths that he will go to and the pain he is willing to
endure when the possibility of getting into an unauthorized area is at
stake.

Angel