From:
Cris Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:15:45 +0100
Hello Terry,
All of us here were so relieved to hear Charlie was safe and well, anyhow
you asked a couple of questions, and here is my take on it.

Its a little confusing, I know you are in the US and there is a language
barrier between us (strangely), but by PVC piping, is that a "hard
plastic" (around 3 or 4" dia) usually used for drainage?  If so it makes
a great play thing for fuzzies, I have several lengths of 4" and a few
pieces of 3" (cable ducting) that I have set up as a kind of maze, you
can use the proper connecting fittings if you have them or can source
them, I find them in the strangest places, and my local builders yard
knows to keep any damaged or incomplete fittings for when I visit the saw
mill to get another bag of kitty litter (I have one old cat who will only
use sawdust... while the weezils get recycled paper kitty litter....)

If you cant get the fittings you need to make the shape of maze you want,
try cutting holes in cardboard boxes and feeding the pipes in thru the
holes, the Furkid 3 have a couple of boxes in thier maze, they like to
chase thru the pipes and then have a rough and tumble inside the "box
chamber" before making a break for it down another tube, I also have a
clear "thruway" flexy tube, that 1 year into its life is in several
pieces due to damage and wear and tear, this can also be used to joing
tubes together (assuming they are the right diameter) and the flexibility
aids positioning, (I use it to "fill in" a corner where one of the lil
monsters likes to leave me "presents", in the same way some people place
bedding for the same reason).  Skweeky and Rhubarb also like the Square
section length of Cooker hood ducting that a neighbour gave me, Bubbles
can get thru it, but its a slight squeeze for the big guy whereas the two
girls head thru at about warp factor 9, just one word of warning, they
also like to sleep in the "chambers" so often I have to pull the maze
apart looking for the missing furkid...the entire area below my bed is a
ferret maze filled with pipes and box chambers, the cats are very jealous
but using boxes as interconnects allows me to vary it often so they dont
get bored with it, and allows replacement of the boxes..  which like any
fuzzy plaything should be checked regularly

As for ferretone, well mine get furotone (same kind of thing I think)
they prefer it neat (they are in counselling for thier problem) When
Cussieweezil was poorly, I found that mixing it with water would
encourage her to drink, Custard was my first experience of a very sick
ferret, (and sadly my first loss) and I experimented with the mix knowing
that she loved her "furrytone", the vet was impressed with the
improvement in here after we started this, and while she had lost
interest in "plain old water", she loved the mixture, but it is very oily
and I have decided to keep the mix as a treat rather than have it as "the
norm", maybe I will need to use it to coax a little one to drink again in
the future.

The vet was also impressed at the way Furotone distracts fuzzies
during examinations, even having sutures removed from Rhubarb (aka Da
Biteyweezil), I use it a lot for ear cleaning and nail clipping... just
a few spots on the belly and the squirmiest weezil is happily licking
away..... trouble is now mine are getting wise and know if they just keep
pulling thier feet away, dat stupid hooman cant get it all done... so
they get even more .... our dumb friends???  I dont think so lol

By the way, I wanted to revisit the "weezils of doom" website recently (I
badly needed something tomake me smile after Cussie crossed) but couldnt
find it, does anyone know if it still exists, or if it suffered the same
fate as my furkidz.org.uk and disappeared Does anyone know if the weezils
of doom site is still up?  (furkidz will be back after I have rewritten
the site - all archive copies were lost after my system became infected
by the VBS Redlof A virus)

--
Best regards,
Cris                          mailto:[log in to unmask]