From:
"H. Moore" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 09:54:04 -0500
With all the talk on the FML about ferretone having too much vit.  A,
particularly in the recommended dosage on the bottle, I decided to call
8-in-1 to complain about it.  The woman I talked to said that no other
complaints had ever been received concerning this.  She was very pleasant.
She seemed genuinely concerned.

She wanted me to request that anyone who has had a problem with ferretone
please contact her.  Also, anyone who has more information about why the
amount of vit.  A is excessive, particularly in the recommended daily
dosage, please contact her.  Especially influential would be vets who have
seen vit.  a toxicity in ferrets from too much ferretone, vets or others who
could speak about the amount of vit.  A a ferret should have, and folks
whose ferrets have had problems with ferretone.  Or just call to state your
opinion like I did.

Contact Lynn McNamara at 8-in-1 Customer Relations: 1-800-645-5154
(then option 2 on the touch tone menu)

Or write to: 8-in-1 Pet Products, 2100 Pacific St., Hauppauge, NY 11788.

So, contact 8-in-1 about the problems with ferretone.  That's the only way
we can get them to change.

Heather