From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2011 06:36:31 -0700
I would be concerned if my ferret was jumping from a height of the FN
cages. Remember ferrets have canines that extend out of their mouths
and if they hit these in their landing process - it can chip them or
break them. This could be a painful dental injury and costly dental/vet
bill. Another concern is that if ferrets land at the wrong angle it can
also dislocate or sprain their front legs.

I know of a few ferrets in shelters who did the Flying Wallenda routine
and ended up paralyzed and or euthanized from the injuries. I prefer
to err on the side of caution. I've found ferrets are like children --
some of their choices are not always in their best interest. i.e. using
beds for trampolines.

I have a climbing ferret who loves heights. I believe this came from
her inability to ever be able to see what was happening in her
environment in a pet store setting. Very bright ferret. The FN cages
put an end to having to supervise her climbing because of the direction
of the wires. With other cages she would climb up the front and down
the back. I opted to stay with her on occasion, she would need a
shoulder to climb on to get down. This also became an avenue in
establishing our relationship and trust.

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3