Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 03:47:34 -0600
I will be away from the computer for at least a week due to the sudden
death of a close family member Friday morning.  Instead, I will be driving
to CaCaLand (not far from Mariposa) to attend the funeral.  This will be
the second funeral of a family member in a week; last week I flew to San
Diego for the same thing (I'm driving this time because I can't get a
flight).  To make matters worse, when I returned to Missouri after the
first funeral, I discovered my daughter Gloria had a miscarriage.  Gloria
had an extremely hard life before I was lucky enough to adopt her, and I
have been more than anal in my attempts to keep her from harm.  I know she
is married now, but there is still that part of me that wants to gird my
loins, take up sword and shield and battle the dragon.  And now another
death.  I feel like the train hit me, then has backed up over me.  Twice.

For the people on the geek's list, I'll resume posting the bibliographic
references when I return.  I will also download the next 400 references to
people at that time as well.

Bob C and 17 MO' Sad Sofa Snarfers (and 2 on the way)