From:
Kathy Colgin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 23:29:05 EST
>From:    Barbara Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Hello!!  Both of my ferrets dig (Kodi loves to dig and spill clean litter
>all over the place RIGHT after I put new stuff in...lol...) and I have
>been reading about the digging boxes.  I was wondering what can be used as
>stuff to play/dig in that is safe for ferrets.  Is there a specific type
>of stuff that is needed?  If anyone can help me out, that would be greatly
>appreciated...anything I can do to keep him from digging in his litter
>box.... Thanks!!
>
> ~*~Barbara, Kodi (the cuddle bug) and Hope (the demon child)~*~

Barbara,

I am a new ferret owner myself so I am not the 'expertise' here.  I
received 2 wonderful ferrets from a shelter here in VA.  They have added
hours of entertainment to our days!  We always venture to find things for
the 2 kids to play with and in.  We received a box the other day which
contained these little Styrofoam 'peanuts'.  The ferrets LOVE to dig in
them.  The younger ferret loves to dig in litter and his food from time
to time, but we have noticed that when he is out and can dig in the box,
it soothes his needs!  It is also funny to see them scooting around in it
and the static causes the 'peanuts' to stick to them.  We are careful not
to let them chew or anything on the 'peanuts'.  Funny how you can find
simple things to entertain the critters!  Hope that helps some!

Kathy....Mommy to Austin and Scooter