From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 16:51:54 -0400
Just wanted to let you all that Sota came home 2 nights ago.  He was very
excited to be back & his buddies gave him a big welcome home.

That day his blood count went down to 15 & the day before that it was up to
23.  Forty five is suppose to be normal.  Dr. Murphy said it will probably
keep going up & down.  He still isn't positive if Sota has bone marrow
cancer or "Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia" or both but there isn't anything
else that can be done for him there that can't be done here so home he is.
He is on Pred twice a day.  I hate Pred!  I saw what it did to my Schnauzer
Gunner & never wanted anything else on it ever again, but looks like we are
stuck with it at least for awhile.  I just hope Sota doesn't bloat up like
a big white watermelon.

Doc said that I was really on my toes when I saw something was wrong with
him & got him in right away as he has seen too many come in too late to
save them.  Not necessarily with the same thing.  I don't know, but am sure
you all if you saw a pure white nose sticking through a hole in a dark
green carrier, when it was suppose to be pink, would have rushed that baby
to a vet to.  I am worried I didn't do it fast enough.  When his new summer
coat came in it felt dry & the last few days before I saw his nose he was
very itchy over his whole body.  I kept picking him up & checking for fleas
or anything else & couldn't find anything.  But then if I had taken him in
& my only worry was his dry coat I don't know if they would have patted me
on the back & sent me home or done a blood test or what.

When my oldest daughter got sick as a young child there was an article in
the newspaper about many people flooding the doctors offices with sick
children that could have been kept home a sit wasn't anything serious.
(think this was during winter flu season) So when she complained about not
feeling well I kept her home.  I finally took her in & the doctor called in
young nurses & showed them the red rash in her body saying, "This is a
classic case of Scarlet Fever, which is textbook here.  You'll probably
never get to see this again as most parents don't let their kids get this
far along before bringing them in."  The rash had just broken out that day.
Damned if you do & damned if you don't.  Needless to say I wanted to
disappear into the floor!

Point is, keep a check on the gums, ears, nose & pads of the feet for a
change in color, it may be important.

Sota sends his thanks to all those that sent prayers his way, so do I.

Lynn & Clan War Weasels