From:
Cathy Mallette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2013 19:09:07 -0700
Like many people today I am on a fixed income and have minimal extra
spending money, but I still want to provide quality care for my pets.
I have seen the vet twice in the past three weeks to monitor my little
girl's Insulinoma, $69 exam $32 BS for 2nd visit  - slightly higher
first one - not too affordable. But I have Care Credit so that helps.

I don't know how many of you know about Care Credit. I would like to
share information with others who may not be aware. This is more for
individual pet/ferret owners rather than shelters I think.

You can apply for it and if you are approved, it is a way of paying
vet bills, personal dental bills, etc on a time basis - sort of like a
credit card but with no interest. Not everyone qualifies and it is for
different amounts depending on your financial status. It is a blessing
for me because I can never pay my vet bills in one visit. And I can
usually get a visit paid off before another is due.

Well- thought! I can maybe save money on these visits by getting my own
AlphaTrak. I avoided it in the past but didn't have Care Credit then
and couldn't afford it. I asked the vet if I could buy it from him with
it and he said yes. Well great - so I can save myself a few hundred
dollars by calling the sugar levels in and we can adjust the dosage
accordingly until she is regulated on the Prednisolone.

This improved my day and I wanted to share this in hopes it will help
others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also in regards to a recent post I wrote on seeking a wheelchair for
ferrets with weak hind legs for various reasons:
Never underestimate the wheelchair's power. I got one finally for my
sweet lady and because it helped hold up her hind end she was able to
get exercise on the back legs by moving them a little when wheeling
around. Since she also has Arthritis, this helped strengthen her
muscles and now with the med and the exercise, she is walking better.
She's slow but she gets around and satisfies her curiosity. I still
put her in the wheelchair at times to let her exercise the hind legs,
and she is improving. I also do passive exercises on her. So I'm glad
I got it. I love seeing her active.

Cathy M