Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 22:58:47 -0600
Easy Off wrote the other day about her family taking in some visitors:

>But she says they miss their owner who went off to Hawaii.  She got stars
>in her eyes when she found out he was single, thinks he is around 25,
>taking his Mom with his sisters to Hawaii, and owns these really neat boys
>(her words, Oscar, not mine).  I think she is thinking of Megan in Austin
>with Diverish or some ferret loving gals in that age bracket.  Says anyone
>that dreamy and takes that good care of his ferrets shouldn't be wasted on
>anyone not into ferrets.

Oh, my ... well, Dervish does get complete final approval of any potential
boyfriend.  I've rejected a few suitors in the past few months because they
just didn't understand that (a) she's not a rodent, (b) my little baby gets
utmost priority, and (c) humans may come and go, but pets are forever.

She doesn't like guys who pet her too hard, tell her she smells (she
*doesn't*), or who rattle her cage when she's asleep in her hammock.

-(TX) Meghan and the intrepid Dervish the WonderFerret ("Forget about that
guy, Mom ... didn't Easy Off say there were two BOY FERRETS?  To the Ferret
Beauty Shop!")

Off-topic p.s.  (Sorry, BIG!)

Meghan's Father's Cancer, Final Update: My father had an endoscopy a week
ago to remove a blockage from his throat.  We were terribly afraid the
cancer had come back.  But after a 20-minute operation, we found out that
it wasn't malignant, but merely scar tissue from his radiation treatment.
It seems like he's pretty much out of the woods!  For someone who has only
been able to eat applesauce and pudding and the like since September (maybe
we should've tried Duck Soup! :-D), it's amazing that he's eating tacos
and sandwiches and stuff like that all of a sudden!  So hopefully he'll
start gaining his weight back and get more active gradually.

I really want to thank everyone on the FML for all their prayers and words
of support.  It's amazing the love and hope that can come from virtual
strangers, and the incredible difference it made in my family's attitude.
Bless you all.