Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 14:09:01 -0700
Hi Gang!

I was in the pet store today and stumbled across Eukanuba's new cat and
kitten food.  It comes in either Lamb/Rice or Chicken/Rice formulas.  The
contents are pretty impressive(Chicken/Rice): chicken, chicken liver,
chicken by-product meal, rice flour, chicken by-products, fish meal, corn
grits, chicken fat(preserved with BHA), dried beet pulp, dried egg product,
poultry digest(what is this?), brewers yeast, etc.  The protein is 34% and
the fat is 21%.  The lamb formula has the same protein/fat content and the
first four ingredients are lamb, beef liver, catfish, and chicken by-product
meal.  Both come in pellet form.  I just got the trial size for $2.00.  I
have no idea whether or not they will like it.  It does seem a little pricey
at $5.99 for 2.5 lbs.  It also comes in 6.5 lbs and 16.5 lbs(unsure of
prices).  I just thought you all might like to know about a new product.
Happy hunting!  Oh, their toll-free # if you would like to find a dealer is
1-800-525-4267.

CHEAP, SEWLESS HAMMOCKS: I don't own a sewing machine, so this is what I
found worked really well for me and my fuzzy five: Bought a bunch of quilted
placemats at the Dollar Store(double-sided cloth, preferably rectangular
with or without rounded corners).  I've seen the same ones in K-Mart for
$3.00.  Then, I went to a Sears Hardware and bought a grommet/eyelet kit for
$9.99(also available at fabric and craft stores).  Also, got a set of metal
shower curtain hooks(plastic is also fine if you use the larger grommets).
Used a utility knife to put a small slice in each corner.  Attach the
grommets and the hooks and Presto!  A heavy duty hammock for about $3.00.
Mine love these.  Avoid the cut-off corners type and the stiffer ones.
These don't go over a swell.  They are large enough to hold at least three
fuzzies at once.  If you like to sew, you can add some fleece in the middle
or sew two together to create a "cubby".

ANGEL'S INCONTINENCE: Angel was supposed to have her kidney removed last
week to get rid of that ectopic ureter that causes her to constantly dribble
urine.  My vet cancelled the surgery the day before because despite 10 days
notice, the Animal Medical Center in NYC was unable to get the x-rays to her
in time.  She wants, of course, to be absolutely sure of which kidney is
involved.  No room for error, when you only have two!(and you need at least
one to exist!)

SILVER MITT: How far around the back legs does the silver guard hair need to
go?  Fozzie's extend about midway and then become all undercoat as it
approaches the inside of the leg.  Is this acceptable?  I'd like to enter
him in an upcoming show in the mitt specialty class.  His front paws are
very definable mitts, but the back ones I'm not sure of.  Anybody heading
out to the LOSN show in Croydon, PA on Oct.  5th?  I'll be sporting my
bright red neon "FML" sticker!  Thanks Pam Grant!  They are great!

Bye for now!

Dodie