Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 15:16:23 -0500
My youngest ferret, Mythral, (just turned one year) is overweight.  I don't
have a scale to tell exactly what he weighs, but he has problems climbing,
jumping and running due to his weight.  He is a late alter male, so we
expected him to be big--but I think there is a problem.  He eats
non-stop...the best part of the day for him is when we open his cage so his
"sister" leaves, allowing him to eat until we force him out (and it's not
malnutrition...we feed them a mix of tottally ferret and Iams kitten).  What
kind of health problems could develop from this situation?  Is it safe to
switch him to a high quality cat food (such as Iams) instead of the kitten
food?  His cage mate is 3-4 years old, so she won't suffer from the food
switch.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Lela
owned by Gwydeon, Circe, Mythral and Carrie