From:
EI - Lydia French <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:38:49 -0400
I just want to say my hats off to shelter people.  I could never do what
you do.  I love the ferrets, but I could not do it.  I did my first
volunteer at a shelter last saturday.  Wow what an eye opener.  The shelter
mom had 32 ferrets.  Big cages lots of poop.  I spent 3 hrs cleaning cages
and then we cut nails.  I will go back and help again because I think I
made a difference or I hope I did.  Even if it only gave her time to fix a
new cage (which she was doing) or just sitting and watching tv she deserves
the time out.  She had a great place for the ferrets to play, she knew all
of their names, and I saw lots of dorking and lots of fights and lots of
poop haha.  I will also save my used towels and stuff for her.  I never
thought of how much bedding it takes for shelters.  Next time I will bring
supplies too.  So maybe if you have a couple of extra hrs you too can help
a shelter, it was hard work but well worth it.

Lydia and the Crew
Isis Snickers Casper Bubba