Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 11:33:16 EST
>I think its essential to get a big national group involved, if you
>can, if your lucky. They can get media coverage, they have lawyers,
>and they are trained in shutting this sort of place down. YOU DON"T
>HAVE TO AGREE WITH EVERYONE OF THEIR TENETS. YOU DONT HAVE TO LIKE
>THEM. Maybe if they were running an Auschwitz or something you
>wouldn't want to call but get real, they are not despite them using
>some tactics many disagree with.

Some "big name" groups are against pet ownership I think that is a
pretty major point to disagree on. That means they are against the
further breeding of pets. These groups will support any law which they
feel is a step in that direction. That means limit laws, breeding
restrictions/bans, banning certain types of pets and laws which
restrict how people can keep their pets (no crates, no ties out, no
cages, etc).

I am generally opposed to "more laws" or "more restrictions" on pet
ownership. I am in Ohio and would oppose new restrictive pet laws.
Is anyone here from Louisville? Or aware of the recent new laws that
passed there which greatly restrict people's rights to own pets or
breed animals? I don't want to see laws like that pass where they'd
restrict me. Here is a site which talks about the new laws and has the
entire 91 pages of it to read. The pet laws talk mostly about "dogs,
cats and ferrets":
http://www.louisville-pets.com/

I am curious how many on here are from Ohio? Those who are not (or even
those who are) if you want to help another area out consider sending
money to help Louisville fight their new anti-pet laws. It's a worthy
cause :)

Nikki