From:
"Greg P. Roth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 1995 19:24:46 EST
  I have listned and read about all the differing opinoins on descenting
ferrets.  I have three ferrets, one is not descented.  He is a 2yr old albino
ferret that is truly the sweetest thing in the world.  He occasionally sprays
when he get picked up quickly, plays agressively, or gets scared.  The scent
last about five to ten SECONDS, unless he is exteremly frightend (like the first
day we adopted him).  But, I would say that unless you have have a problem with
the smell of the ferret litter, then you probably would hardly notice the smell
of his spray.  It is very mild and doesn't linger for very long.  Just though I
would tell you what I thought.

                                Greg Roth