From:
Victoria Hadfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 1994 20:51:39 -0500
My 7 year old ferret, Antigone, seems to be sick.  She has been
on the thin side for a while now, but I have noticed that she seems
to have lost even more weight.  I am going to buy a scale tomorrow,
but I'm sure that she's quite a bit thinner than before.  She is also
coughing, a really wheezy cough that sounds terrible.  I have a humidifier
on in my room, but I don't know if it's helping her or not.

I have several questions:

(1)  I have an antibiotic which the vet gave me for an infected bite
     in Antigone's leg.  It's from April of last year (1993), but I've
     kept it in the fridge the whole time.  It's a 250mg\ml suspension
     of Amoxicillin.  Will it help her now?  Will it hurt? (ie. have any
     side effects?)

(2)  I would really appreciate it if someone could mail me the recipes
     for "Duck Soup" and any other advice for fattening her up (ie.
     Nutrical?  or Sustical?  I can't remember)

Please respond by email if you can (to:  [log in to unmask]) since
that will be faster.  Thanks in advance -- it's breaking my heart to see
her looking so thin and frail.

Victoria Hadfield