From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 2010 23:15:16 EDT
When I first saw Jude I couldn't believe how much he looked like my
Dax. I thought they could be brother and sister twins. They both have
very unusual markings. Jude is the handsome ferret that I recently took
in that has squamous cell carcinoma. He has a lump bigger than a walnut
on his jaw.

A couple nights ago my daughter Mary noticed a lump on Dax's jaw. It
is small and hard as a rock. It is the beginning of the carcinoma. I
am heartbroken. I now have 2 ferrets with the rare form of cancer.
Damn it all any ways!

Both Jude and Dax are the sweetest ferrets. No bites ever. Since Jude
came to me he has gained weight and now is out for over 2 hours in the
morning bouncing through the house. Later at night he now asks for
another freedom run. So different from when I first got him and he
tired so easily. I thought it was the cancer but now I know he must
have been in his cage 24/7 and had no muscle tone.

I am so sad that these two gorgeous ferrets will have their time on
earth cut short because of this horrible cancer. So sad.

Nancy and her 17 ferrets in Oregon