From:
Leslie Anne Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2006 18:19:54 -0500
Hello all,

You may remember I had to send my sweet boy Daggett to the rainbow bridge
back in February.  Since then I adopted a wonderful pair of ferrets from
David at NY Ferrets Rights Advocacy to keep my 8 year old (Bean) company.
Around the same time, I also got a single ferret from a friend of a
friend who "couldn't deal with him anymore."  He was in such a sad
situation, I just couldn't say no.

But my landlord is terribly upset with me for getting another ferret.
For some reason 3 is fine and 4 is not (???) Not that she can do
anything legally, but I really like my apartment, plus I realize how
hard it would be to try and find a new place within the 5 boroughs that
would allow me to have 4 ferrets.

Brisco, a champagne / cinnamon male, from what I was told is around 1 1/2
and was an only ferret all his life, though he did live with a dog and
cat in his previous home.  I don't think he saw very much "out" time
there.  He's very, very playful, but tends to keep to himself when he's
not playing and seems to be pretty skittish around humans.  He also
doesn't have the greatest track record with the litter box, though he's
gotten much, MUCH better, especially since I realized that he's none too
happy having to use a box that's already been pooped in.  Only ferret
syndrome I guess ;) But, I'd say he's probably at about a 75% hit rate
right now.  (or more when I manage to catch him backing up!)He's not a
chomper and is very sweet, just shy.

Anyway, my questions to the kind FML folks are: Is there anyone out
there who could give this guy a good forever home, preferably with
another ferret / other ferrets?  He may bond with someone eventually,
but hasn't with any of mine.  He sure does like his playtime though!

OR

Does anyone know of a ferret friendly apartment (1 or 2 BR) in Brooklyn
or Queens coming up for rent in the next couple of months?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Leslie, Bean, Brisco, Dixie, Elvis and Daggett (The Ferrety Angel)