From:
Dawn Gsoell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 01:23:18 -0600
Dear FML,
I sent this just before Christmas, but for some reason only part of it made
it to the list:

"Dear FML,
I realized while reading introductions from other members, that I had just
leapt in here back in April of this year, asking for help, and receiving it
without properly introducing myself and my ferrets.  I live in Minnesota (a
bad kill and test place) I am a 36 year old apartment manager/ law
enforcement (police) student/ owner of a struggling small businees/ mom/
wife/ sober (11 years) addict-alcoholic/ pisces with a virgo rising (for you
astrology buffs)." etc...

The post that appeared went on to describe how I fell in love with Laweasel,
my first ferret.  But it left out the others, and they are mad at me now,
and pooping is strange places because Laweasel is the only one who got
officially introduced.  So before all my socks have holes in them, and my
carpet gets anymore destroyed than it already is.... here is the rest of the
intro that didn't get posted...

"Thelma came to our house from the same pet shop as Laweasel ( I still
hadn't learned about ferret shelters) in April, because Laweasel needed help
teaching me the ferret dance.  Thelma is a beautiful girl, she's blonde
colored with pretty brown legs, tail, guard hairs etc.  She has a really
light colored mask,.  four white feet, and a bib.  I still don't know what
to call her color.  I looked at the AFA color guide, and couldn't find one
that looked like Thelma.  She has adopted my son since he's the only one who
can keep up with her wild self.

Beetle is a sable rescue ferret.  I wrote about her last summer.  She was
rescued from a garage.  She had been in there about a month.  The people who
called animal control thought she was a rat, but they couldn't catch her in
the traps they set (thank goodness!).  She has the most beautiful coat.  She
went from the garage, to the pound, to a dog rescue.  At the dog rescue they
gave her a bunch of cat shots.  When I got her she had fleas, hookworms,
earmites, and needed proper shots.