Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 10:26:56 EST
I've read so many posts about people forcing medication into their ferret
and the messy results.  Try mixing the med with something the ferret likes.
Ferretvite or Laxatone works well.  My vet told me not to worry about giving
medicine with Laxatone as the med will still absorb.  I've also had good
luck mixing with Dermcaps (a fatty acid supplement my little guy receives to
keep his pads from drying out).  There was only one med I couldn't trick him
into, Carafate.  He was doing so well after the surgery anyway that the vet
said don't worry about it.

I hope this helps a few people.

Lorali J Barber
Production Editor
The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
9650 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814-3998
301-530-7038
Fax 301-571-8303