From:
Larry McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 08:20:54 -0500
First and foremost, to all who have lost their fur kids, my sincere
condolences.

This is to Sandee's Human, who I'm also sending this to.

For quite sometime you have allowed Sandee to be there for us, and I
can only guess how hard it has been to answer all the requests from us,
asking you to look upon or meet our fur kids.  I personally know how
hard it has been to write the tributes to my kids from the Crew, and how
much I cry when I read everyone else's.  There have been times when I've
had to leave the computer I've cried so hard, with the post unfinished.
I can only imagine the toll it takes upon you and your little guide,
Sandee, to read and answer.  But what you have done for those of us who
have lost our furkids, the comfort you have given, is immeasurable.  I
hope that you might, off and on, still write, or perhaps you can recruit
others to assist you.  I wish I could say I would do it, but time
constraints on me don't allow it-there are days when I'm behind on my
FMLs, as some people who receive notes from me can attest to.

But folks, even if no fertangel or person picks up Sandee's mantle, or
even a group picks this up, remember that it is cathartic to write about
your loss, there is no shame in it.  I know that when I lose another, and
I pray not for a long time, their tribute will be in the FML so that all
of you will be able to share in their life, the joy they brought to us,
and what their passing means.  BIG-I don't know if there's some kind of
an award, but if you have an idea, I think Sandee's human should receive
it.  Praise isn't enough for what Sandee and his/her human have done for
all of us.

Again, Sandee's human, thank you from the bottom of my heart, and from
all my fur angels at the Bridge, as well as your own who are there.  I'm
humbled by what you have done for us.

Rebecca & the Crew of Merry Mayhem
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and
 taste good with ketchup"
"Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have"