From:
Cynthia ritenour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2012 12:54:28 -0400
I suppose some folks have seen that commercial several years back
during the super bowl where the cowboys were herding the cats to
market? (I'm sure it's still on you tube somewhere)Anyways...I have
this very large Tibetan mountain cat (think Maine coon cat only Orange)
Jake weighs in at 25 pounds on his last vet visit. the vet seems to
think he should weigh 20 pounds, but we're working on that. Suffice
it to say, he's huge. We lost his brother quite unexpectedly about a
month and a half ago to lymphoma complications. Jake really misses his
brother, but as God takes something away, there is usually something
else out there for you, you need only look.

I'm the Mom of 10 wild and crazy Slightly Used kids {I often call them
my Slightly Used Gang), my large group for play numbers at 6 of the
ten. They always get evening run of most of my downstairs from about
6:00 until I decide to go to bed. They have been dubbed "the crazy
gang" by my kids, and rightly so. The first hour and a half of playtime
is usually chaos for all involved, hoomin,and fert. And now.....Jake.

I'm not sure exactly who started it. (Probably Chepe' No, as she
instigates most trouble.Yes her middle name is No.) I was checking
my email, having just let crazies out, I kept an ear attuned to odd
noises, or worse, silence. I hear the pa dump, pa dump, pa dump of
fuzzies racing up and down the hall, then a big thump I recognize as
the sound of Jake jumping off the sofa.The next thing I see is Jake
running up the hall with 4 out of 6 ferrets on his heals heading
through the living room kitchen and into the sun room. Then, they turn
around, 5 ferrets now, chasing Jake back down the hall. I'm thinking
"Heck of an exercise plan, Jake way to go fuzz butts!" but then he
changed the rules. I see Jake chasing 3 of the little fuzz butts
running full tilt back to the sun room, where I peek around the corner
to see them dodge under the cabinets.The other two were smart enough
to dodge under other things as they ran past. Pretty smart when you
and your buds don't even collectively weigh as much as the big orange
freight train chasing you. Jake lays down triumphantly, where he can
smack any nose poking out from under the cabinet. I was laughing so
hard to see him chasing all those fuzz butts! They have been chasing
each other the last three nights. It's great! Every once in a while
Jake gets tackled, but they really aren't able to slow him down. The
best part is, I think they all enjoy it, or it wouldn't keep
happening!!

Amazing how play is universal. Even cross species. Goes to show you,
diversity in friends can be such great fun!!

Cindy & the Slightly Used Gang