From:
KIMBERLY THOMAS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 07:36:32 -0500
My ferret turned 5 this month and while, for the most part, he's still the
bouncing ball of fur he always was, I have noticed a trend in his bathroom
habits over the last several months.  First, he is going more frequently
than in the past and the amount is usually somewhat less each time.  In
addition, he has gotten litterbox lazy so, added with the frequency, I am
constantly having to watch him like a hawk to make sure he goes to his box
and clean up more when I don't catch him.

I have two litterboxes available to him in a small, one-bedroom apartment,
so I don't think that is the problem; he used to come running from wherever
he was to his box.  He is, as has always been, on a diet of Iams kitten
food and has always been very healthy for it, but now I'm wondering if,
with his age, if he requires a 'senior' diet of some sort and if that
would help the frequency of his bathroom trips.

Any recommendations on senior food, or general litterbox tips for a ferret
that has developed bad habits more recently would be appreciated; thanks!!

Kim