From:
Kathleen Homan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 2003 01:51:41 -0400
Hello fert folks.  I'm really in need of suggestions from you!  I have
been around many ferrets throughout my life, several of them being fussy
eaters.  But none of them tops my Emma.  She is a very tiny 6 month old
sable sprite.  It's gotten easier to feed her because she's finally
picked a premium ferret kibble that she likes.  And that is ALL she will
eat.  Up until now she has been barely tolerating being given hairball
preventative regularly.  But all of a sudden she's decided that she will
have no more of that.  She is shedding allot now and on top of that she
is a major chewer of almost anything she can fit in her mouth.  I tried
switching brands but basically they are all similar and that did not
work.  My vet gave my some things to try and obviously that failed also.
If I try to push anything on her she really freaks out and gags all over
the place and I cannot stand to do that to her unnecessarily.  That is
where I'm hoping you can give me some suggestions as to what I can give
her and how I can handle her when giving it to her.  Two of my other
ferrets don't exactly like the hairball stuff but I can get them to
take it without that much trouble.  I really need your help.  I really
appreciate all the knowledge that I've gotten from everyone on this list.
It benefits not only me and all my ferts, but all the customers I deal
with every day and their pets too.  Thank you all very much and I look
forward to hearing from you.

Sincerley, Kathy and the
Troublemakin' fuzzys

P.S- I know I wrote that she is a major chewer- She is VERY well
supervised to help keep her out of trouble!