From:
Karen Balle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 18:00:52 -0400
>Can the AFA get involved to check out conditions and keep on top of
>these rescues or at least do a background check on shelters and
>people?

Before anyone accuses me of supporting Ms. Bachman, understand that my
two ferrets are from Rocky's and that I'm going up there this Sunday to
help out and cutting short a necessary trip to help again later, if I can
come up with the gas money.  It wouldn't normally be a problem, but Baker
has had an eye infection that just won't go away and the vet bills are
starting to add up (in addition to the adoption fees and the ferret
goodies).  I got Baker and Cecil about a month and a half ago, so I have
no doubts as to the way that Rocky's is run.

That said, almost any situation would be better than the situation those
furkids were in, but many people want to see that they get the very
best, to maybe make up for what they've been through already.  So, what
guarantees do they have that the rescues really are getting into a good
situation?  Having had your faith in people broken by something like
this, is there really much wonder that some people would like a little
more reassurance?

Or this post could just be from a Bachman supporter or a troll.  I like
to give people the benefit of the doubt and will continue to do so.

--
Karen Balle