From:
MR CHARLES R ONKEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 19:33:45 -0500
Ferret math has come to us again.  The same family that gave us Snowball a
couple of years ago gave us another ferret today (Sunday).  Their daughter,
who once had Snowball, thought she wanted another ferret.  They bought her
one on Friday the 13th of February.  This afternoon, I got a call.  "Will
you take in another ferret?" Seems the new fuzzy was as much a handful for
them as Snowball was, so they got her a rabbit.  Our new addition was named
"Valentine", because they got her close to Valentine's Day.  Bob C, you will
be interested to learn that she will be called Valentine by us also.  Since
the rabbit "inherited" her cage, we bought her a new one.  They brought her
over in a LARGE parrot cage.  It is the size of a two story cage, but since
Valentine can't fly (YET), it didn't give her much floor space.

She came with a hammock, a 1 foot long hanging plastic tube, and a half a
bag of Sheppard and Greene ferret food.  We'll mix that with Science Diet
C\D and Totally Ferret and see what she likes best.

They were told she was about 2 months old when they bought her, so she must
be about 3 months now.  She is a REALLY DARK sable.  We put her on the floor
and she almost disappeared!!!  What a rocket!  We let her and the boys out
together.  She ran the poor guys into the ground.  After an hour, they were
all three just speed bumping on the floor, and she had slowed down a bit.
All four are sleeping soundly.  Eventually, we will try integrating her full
time in the cage with the boys, but for now, we thought she should have one
by herself.

The former owners say she will go anywhere BUT in the litter box, so we
another new challenge.

Wish us luck, and welcome Valentine to the FML.

Charlie, Ag and Donna in Kissimmee
Owned by Cujo, Bandit, Snowball and Valentine
We remember Kodo, Rocky and the Spokane fuzzies.