Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 07:24:30 -0600
I am very pleased that people saw fit to award Bill Gruber the Ferret
person of the Year award.  There is no one better qualified nor more
deserving, and I am extremely happy with the results of the voting.

Bill is a very modest person, but the work he does on the FML (and behind
the scenes helping people) makes him a person of note (regardless if he
likes it or not! ;-) ).  I know how modest Bill is, so I don't want to
embarrase him too much, but I think it is important for people to know
exactly how fortunate the membership of the FML is for having the BIG guy.
I personally feel fortunate to slightly know Bill, wish I knew him better,
and hope our relationship will continue to be a positive one for a very
long time.

Even though I have actually seen the BIG guy, I still have this mental
picture of a stocky, burly guy, in the requisite NYC tanktop, with a warm
bottle of Weasel Ale in one hand, a mouse in the other, and pox-like
keyboard impressions on his forehead.  I'm glad to add a hero plaque in
the background.  Come to think of it, its a pretty accurate picture.

BIG more than deserves it.  Way to go, Bill!!  Now, if we can just figure a
way to give the guy an occasional day off.  Problem is, no one can fill his
shoes....

Bob C and 16 MO' Grinin' Ferrets