Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 08:40:08 -0500
Hi all!

I am writing about my sweet boy, Meep.  He has always been a slender ferret
so I'm always worrying about him!  He really hasn't put on his winter coat
or weight that my other little fuzzy Daisy has.  He does seem to be
slightly thinner than he was before, about 1-2 oz on the scale - but this
is over a long period of time.  He eats well and poops like normal!

We had a visitor ferret, Martin, here last night and the contrast in
Daisy's and Martin's fur was really noticeable.  They were smooth, shiny
coats.  Meep's seems much less shiny and more coarse.  Both Daisy and
Martin have that extra MF tattoo on their foot that is supposed to indicate
a mixed breeding with a European line of ferrets (???).  Would that be why?
Or do you think that Meep might be sick in some way, or not getting
something he especially needs in his diet?

Meep and Daisy eat a mix of TF and Marshall Ferret Foods and Meep will only
accept Ferretvite and sometimes Ferretone as treats.  He is a year old,
active and so sweet, but I want to be sure there isn't some wasting disease
or something he could be going through that I don't know anything about.
Please help me out on this one.

Karla