From:
Heather Hildebrandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 1994 14:02:44 -0500
Hello all,
Yesterday I received the most wonderful solstice gift from
a pair of my friends- a stuffed black foot ferret.  I had
seen some in magazines but this one was real nicely made
and very cute.  For those who were looking for them, it was
purchased from the Omni shop and was called a Ranger Rick
endangered animal.  Part of the proceeds go to help
preserving wildlife and included a nice little snippet on
black footed ferrets.  I am still excited.

On to the wonderful live ferrets.  Well, Pickle has now taught
Kit Kat how to beg.  It's amazing how well they pick things
up from each other.  I sometimes wish they weren't so smart
though!!  The bookcase remains to be a favorite haunt for all
three.  One ferret will knock over the books and as I go to
try to clean up, here comes the other two.  "Oh, boy! a cave
let's all climb in and make it bigger."  Is there any way to
dissuade them from this?  I really don't mind cleaning up after
their dishelving, but being an engineering student most of those
books are awfully heavy and I am afraid they could topple on one
of the ferrets when I was not looking.

With cooler weather upon us, Pickle has become a snuggle pup.
He crawls into my lap and yawns and rubs his eyes as I pet him-
he is just adoreable!  Our baby has begun to use the litter box
occaisonally outside of the cage.  We are so proud of Twinkie
when he is being good that way!

Here's a question for all of our wonderful vets out there.  How
common are adrenal tummors in ferrets?  With all of the discussion
on the FML about this problem, I fear it is rather common.  Our
three are fortunently very healthy but I would like to know the
odds.

Thanks,
Heather <[log in to unmask]> and the funny farlies
Pickle (sable male),Kit Kat (sable female),Twinkie (champagne male)