From:
Laura Thornton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2006 14:47:08 -0400
First, I apologize for the cross post, but we are trying to gether all
the information we can as fast a we can because of the rapid progression
of this awful disease.

We have been told that our "baby" Topper likely has the beginning stages
of juvenile lymphoma.  While this is hard to accept or understand,
Charles and I are trying to learn what we can as quickly as we can
because it is such a fast moving disease.

Our question is: Has anyone ever heard of a young ferret surviving
lymphoma after chemo?  We have talked with several folks and a few
have asked us to put the question out to the boards because they can't
remember any nor do they know of any procedures to help in the respect
for young ferts.  We have seen case studies for older ferrets, but the
only thing we have seen for young ferrets is that it is quick and
horrible.

This stress may (and hopefully is) for naught, but we want to be prepared
for what we may need to be.  We know miracles happen, but sometimes, they
need a little help to start.

Thank you in advance for advice and thoughts.

Laura and Charles