From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 09:09:15 -0500
Ohmygod---Renee Down's Biscotti.

Let me tell you about Renee Down's Biscotti.

First off, I don't *like* Biscotti.  They taste like hard, bad cookie
wannabees made from pencil shavings.  Just last night at dinner I ordered
a cup of Cappuchino and it came with a little Biscotti, and I immediately
gave it to my sister in law, who *does* like Biscotti.

My husband said "I thought you liked Biscotti now."

"No, I like Renee Down's Biscotti."

"But you might like this kind, you should try it, now that you've given
Biscotti a chance."

"It wasn't made by Renee Downs.  I won't like it."

"But you *might* like it!"

(Deep wife sigh of strained patience) "Was it made by Renee Downs?"

(Husband rolls eyes) "No, but you still might like it."

"Renee didn't make it.  I won't like it." (Pushing Biscotti over to
sister in law)

This REALLY happened.  You see, my husband bought a basket of Renee
Down's Biscotti at the MAFF Halloween Party, mixed chocolate and almond.
I asked him how he was going to eat all of that, given that I didn't
*like* Biscoti, and he knew it.  He said "Yeah, but these are *really*
good."  I snorted, and said something about pencil shavings.

On the drive home we stopped for coffee, and I realized I was hungry.
Really *hungry*.  I wondered if I could maybe choke one of those nasty
Biscotti down if I soaked it bite by bite in my coffee.  That's how I
ate the first one.  The second through the ninth were sort of a blur.  I
remember over the next few days, my husband complaining bitterly that he
wasn't getting his fair share of the Biscotti, and me saying something
like "Well step up to the plate, son what's holding you back?", and
stuffing another one in my mouth.  And grabbing another one for later.

I'm sure the Valentine Fundraiser is a good cause, but I don't care if
she's trying to raise money for*childhood illiteracy*.  GET YOUR PAWS
ON SOME OF RENEE'S BISCOTTI.

Alexandra in MA
(The almond ones....)