From:
Laura L Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 08:10:26 -0800
Hi!

Just a quick posting -

I have a 4.5 yr old male (Clint) scheduled for adrenal surgery this
Thursday.  He had his right adrenal removed (or most of it) last January
and did great, but has been showing clinical signs since late November.

Questions: is there anything special Clint will need if his last adrenal
gland is removed?  I had heard about some corticosteroid therapy, but
don't know much about it.  My vet is a good surgeon but not as ferret
knowledgeable as many in larger areas, so I would need to know about
dosages and the like.  (Clint weighs 1.6 lbs) Also, would it be better
not to subject him to a second surgery and just treat him medically?  He
came through his surgery fine last time, but I'm still nervous.

Thanks for your time!  Please email me directly as I don't get much chance
to read the list as I would like.

Laura G. in OKC, OK
and Arnold, Clint and Sophie, too!

=====